Who says lightened up has to be boring? This light dish is a sure crowd-pleaser you and your guests will surely love.
- 1 french bread loaf, cut into small cubes
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 medium stalks celery, diced
- 8 fresh sage leaves, diced
- 2/3 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large beaten egg
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Over medium heat, fry bacon in large fry pan for 2 minutes. Stir in butter and melt. Add onions, celery, parsley, sage, pepper and salt to pan. Cook on medium-low heat until soft and onions are translucent, 5-10 minutes. Turn off heat and cool.
- Mix together chicken broth and egg in a medium bowl.
- In another large bowl, combine bread and sautéed vegetables. Stir in chicken broth and egg mixture. Mix well. Add more water if stuffing is too dry.
- Coat casserole dish with cooking spray. Layer in stuffing.
- Bake uncovered until golden, about 35 to 40 minutes.