New Year’s Eve is the perfect time to get together with friends and family and celebrate the start of a new year. Making sure your celebration is one to remember can be tricky, so it’s important to come up with creative and unique ideas. From decorating to tasty treats, here are 10 ideas to make your New Year’s Eve celebration unforgettable. From games and crafts to music and drinks, these ideas are sure to bring some extra fun and excitement to your holiday!
Having a theme for your celebration can be a lot of fun, and it will make your party space look extra special. Choose a theme that suits your guests, too, so everyone can get into the spirit of the party. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Masquerade: If you want to bring an element of mystery to your party, a masquerade theme is the perfect way to do this. Come up with some fun ideas for masquerade decorations and costumes, and you’ll have a party that’s unlike any other!
- Colour palette: If a full-on theme doesn’t suit you or your guests, a color palette can be a great way to add a festive touch to your New Year’s party. Choose a few colors (like red, silver, and gold) that represent the new year, or that represent you or your guests.
- Retro: A retro theme is great for bringing back memories of past celebrations. Add in a few other elements that represent the new year, such as silverware, cocktails, and decorations, and you’ll have a party that’s both retro and new!
Everyone loves a photo booth, and they’re a great way to bring more fun to your New Year’s Eve celebration. Create a festive photo booth by adding some decorations, like silver streamers or balloons, to a corner of your party space. You can hire a photo booth for the night or DIY. If you decide to DIY, all you need is a backdrop, photo props, and a good camera, or you can use your phone. You can also use a photo booth app on your phone, too, so there are plenty of options. Photo booths are a great way to bring guests together, and they’re sure to be a hit at any party! If you’re not close to a photo booth rental place, there are many photo booth apps you can use on your phone. These apps will have different features, but most will allow you to take photos and videos with different effects. You can also add filters, emojis, text, and other decorations to your photos. Many photo booth apps also let you send your photos to friends and family.
Games are a great way to bring your guests together, and they’re even better when you make them festive for the New Year’s Eve party. Here are just a few fun games to try out for your celebration:
- Find the penny: This game is a classic for New Year’s Eve, but you can spruce it up with some decorations. Come up with a few variations of the game if you have a big group of guests.
- New Year’s resolutions: Come up with a few silly New Year’s resolutions, and have guests write them on silly cards. This game is sure to bring laughter and silliness to your party!
- Name that tune: This game is great for music lovers and those who like to test their knowledge. Come up with a list of songs based on the year they came out, and have guests guess the name of the song and year.
- Trivia: For a bit of extra knowledge, host trivia games related to New Year’s, such as “What year did the New Year’s tradition start?” or “Who invented Champagne?”
New Year’s Eve is a great time to make some festive decorations, such as paper lanterns or a New Year’s Eve sign. Paper lanterns are a great decoration for the party, and they can also be used to create a magical feel. Plus, they’re easy to make! All you need is a piece of paper or card stock, scissors, a pencil or pen, and some string or ribbon to hang them. Start by drawing a circle and a smaller circle inside the first one. Then, draw a line from the center of the larger circle to the center of the smaller one. Next, cut along the lines and fold your paper in half. Once your lantern is folded, draw and cut out decorations, such as stars, hearts, or pictures of your guests, and glue them to the paper. Finally, knot one end of the string and thread it through the other end, securing it with a small knot. A New Year’s Eve sign is another decoration you can make. This is a great decoration to use as a prop for photos. You can get creative with your sign and make it any design you want. If you want to keep it simple, you can write “Happy New Year!” on your sign. If you’re looking for a more festive sign, you can use silver, gold, or red glitter to write “Happy New Year!” or “2019.”
A midnight toast is a great way to bring your New Year’s Eve celebration to a close. Here are some ideas for how to host a midnight toast: - Champagne fountain: If you’re having a large celebration, a champagne fountain is a great way to host a midnight toast. You can purchase a champagne fountain or make your own. If you decide to purchase one, you can find them at many party supply stores. If you decide to make your own, you can purchase a champagne fountain kit online or at your local party supply store.
- Sparkling cider: If you’re hosting a smaller celebration and don’t want to use alcohol, sparkling cider is a great non-alcoholic alternative to champagne. Simply add a few slices of apples to your sparkling cider to make it a bit more festive!
- Sparkling grape juice: If you’re hosting a party for kids, sparkling grape juice is a great non-alcoholic alternative to champagne. Sparkling grape juice is a great way for kids to celebrate the New Year, and it’s also a tasty drink for adults!
If you’re hosting a large celebration, a champagne fountain is a great way to serve your guests bubbly. You can rent a champagne fountain, or you can make your own. If you decide to purchase a champagne fountain, you can find them at many party supply stores, or you can shop online. If you decide to make your own champagne fountain, you can purchase a champagne fountain kit online or at your local party supply store. Once you have the champagne fountain, you’ll need to plug it in and wait for it to warm up. Once it’s warm, the champagne will flow from the spigot into the bowl below. You can use champagne glasses or cups for your guests. If you’re hosting a large party, you may want to put out a couple of champagne fountains.
You can also use your New Year’s Eve celebration as an excuse to try out some new recipes, or you can try out some traditional New Year’s Eve recipes. Here are a few ideas for celebratory snacks:
- Cheese and crackers: Cheese and crackers is a great, festive, bite-sized snack. You can also try out different types of cheese, like cheddar, blue cheese, or Swiss.
- Mini quiches: Mini quiches are a great, bite-sized snack that’s easy to make. They’re also a great way to incorporate vegetables into your guests’ diets. You can try out different vegetables in your quiche, including broccoli, spinach, or asparagus.
- Mini frittatas: Mini frittatas are another great bite-sized snack. You can make them any way you want. You can also try out different vegetables or herbs in your frittatas,
All in all, we hope that our ideas have inspired you to come up with even more ways to make this New Year’s Eve one to remember. Remember that the best time to plan for any party is ahead of time – be sure to start finalizing your plans now so that you can enjoy the night!